Saturday 10 August 2013

Picture Post: Tentacle Pool

So one thing led to another, I ended up making more manips the last couple of days. I've learnt a lot more with photoshop, including some tricks with masking and Brush Dynamics. I may pause with Hive material now though and look into Magic and Sci Fi MC manips in preparation for SymCity, hope you like (and don't notice the mistakes) the pictures!

Tentacle Pool

I started this piece this morning, after wanting to find a better way of creating tentacles than my tutorial last night.
I knew paths are the answer but I wanted something fairly easy and accessible as well. As luck with have it, since I experimented with Brush Dynamics for a tentacle shadow last night, I figured the same would work here.

Unfortunately this was before I realised you can tweak brush spacing, which would have given smoother tentacle effects. Although maybe large brush spacing actually give the tentacles more texture?

Fallen

Having figured out how to do more dynamic tentacles, I started taking screenshots of this piece for the advanced tentacle tutorial.

The tentacle shape was much more ambitious but in turn I figured out how to use Color Dynamics to create my layer masks for the complex tentacle overlaps. By the time I finished the tentacle I just wanted to post the tutorial, so didn't do much more on it!

Edit: Decided to tweak it as the tentacle composition was really bugging me.

No comments:

Post a Comment