Sunday 24 November 2013

The Taming and a quick update.

This took way longer than it should have, but here's the full series for The Taming.

This year has been many firsts for me, and The Taming is the first time I tried to create a story with a picture series. I have to say it's a very hard process, especially when half the images had models looking directly at the camera. Whilst the source material was great, flexibility and variations were not. Or maybe I'm just not creative enough.

Over the past few months I've had very little time to get on my computer besides the quick browse on the collective. There're some new talents emerging, although my old favourites seem to lay fairly dormant....

With the lack of computer time means lack of programming time on RAGs. I've been putting off looking at my code knowing that I wouldn't have time to see where I was, let alone moving forward with it. So as far as SymCity is concern it's currently on hold.

My plan in the coming months, depending on my personal and work life, is to stick to simple projects. If I can't invest in time on RAGs, the least I can do is hone my photoshop skills. The Taming didn't really exercise much manipulation skills, or it would have taking even longer to finish....

Things may calm down a bit in six months since I'm planning a major life event, it'll hopefully give me a bit more free time then. Until then, watch this space.

1 comment:

  1. Great, great, great series! Terrific source material and I love the graphic approach you've taken with portraying memories or Abby just being in her own head. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete